This recipe for chocolate Pistachio cake is delicious and comes together in the blink of an eye.
At Lavolio we love Pistachios, and obviously chocolate. You can find this amazing flavour combination in Nutty Forest, with Pistachio Vanilla. Decadent Spiced features a lovely Pistachio & Chilli Chocolate flavour. Last but not least, our scrumptious Pistachio Nougat. With this recipe, we wanted to bring the pistachio chocolate combo to a new level.
This easy chocolate pistachio cake, besides being very simple to prepare, always looks great. Chocolate lovers will have a great time with a dessert that is always bound to be a success. The main base of this cake is a simple chocolate cake, and we will give it a slightly more intense chocolatey touch with a bit of Nutella.
The pistachios will give it a crunchy texture and a toasted, nutty flavour that will further enhance this cake’s greatness, making us fall in love with the first bite. Take note of how an extraordinary chocolate pistachio cake is prepared.
- 60 gr of flour
- 150 gr of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml of water
- 30 gr of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of pistachios, plus more to decorate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sunflower oil
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How to Make the Chocolate Pistachio Cake
- We start this chocolate pistachio by preheating the oven to 200º so that it is ready when it’s time to bake. While we will continue preparing the cake, in this way, we will put the cake at the right time, and there will be no change in temperature that causes it to end up going down or looking bad.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder, so that it is perfect and there will be no lumps.
- To the mixture of dry ingredients, add the cocoa, sugar, and chopped pistachios. Combine everything together until they are well incorporated.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, and we will add a little water and vanilla. I like using vanilla bean paste or even scrape some vanilla seeds straight from the pods. But, good quality vanilla extract will work just as well – don’t use essence! This ingredient will be the one that gives it a unique touch, and it will surprisingly enhance the flavor of cocoa.
- We add the sunflower oil and Nutella to the liquid mixture to add the necessary fat necessary in any cake. We will mix everything together until smooth.
- Add the dry mix in stages to the wet ingredients until we have a single homogeneous dough. Fold the dry ingredients gently. We do not want any lumps or to overmix the batter.
- Grease the cake mould or tin with a bit of butter and sprinkle it with flour so that the cake does not stick. Pour the batter and bake at 180º for about 25 minutes until the cake is ready and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and wait for it to cool to room temperature.
- To decorate, you can spread a little extra Nutella and some pieces of pistachios on top.
Et voila, we’ll have an impressive Chocolate Pistachio cake which is easy and delicious!