We recently had the pleasure of meeting Iglika B. Ghouse, ex-investment banker, turned entrepreneur and founder of USPAAH , the only high end, on demand, mobile spa service. We were curious to find out more about her own lifestyle and whether she manages to achieve that all important work-life balance so we asked her a few questions below.
- How important is food to you?
Very important. I strongly believe that maintaining a healthy body is 80% about what you eat, and the rest exercise, sleep, rest, massages etc.
- How much time do you spend in the kitchen and what is your favourite dish to cook?
I adore cooking. I thoroughly buy into the mantra of a ‘healthy body = healthy mind’, being a busy entrepreneur doesn’t leave me much time to cook, but I do try to ensure that whatever I make is extra healthy and I find myself cooking a lot of fish and chicken dishes. When I’m cheating though, I do love making pasta bolognese, or as my husband calls it, “The Beef Thing”.
- Who is your most inspirational chef?
Is Deliciously Ella technically a chef? If yes, then she is. I don’t quite have the discipline to follow her guidelines all the way through, but I think it’s admirable that she has managed to teach people that good tasting food can also be good for you, and inspire thousands to cook in a much healthier way.
- What is your favourite Italian dessert?
After Lavolio chocolates, chocolate profiteroles.
- While USPAAH was born from the desire to lead a better work-life balance, how do you manage to strike a work-life balance yourself with all the demands of being a busy entrepreneur?
At one point I found it to be near impossible to be balanced. You don’t actually realise how “un-balanced” you are until something bad happens. So in recent months, I have consciously tried to delegate more tasks to my team members, and take that little bit of extra time to go to the gym, or go for a run in the park with my dog or simply unwind at home with the latest Vanity Fair. It’s a conscious effort to make time for yourself, but one that has to be done if you want to stay healthy and productive in the long run.
- How do you relax?
By having a USPAAH massage and facial…of course!
- What’s the best thing about being an entrepreneur?
Knowing that you are in control of your destiny and that there is no limit to what you can achieve if you set your mind to it and work very very hard.
- If you really wanted to impress someone, where would you take them for dinner?
34, Chiltern Firehouse or Zuma